If you are visiting Tavira and you want to explore like a really local, I reccomend to make a bike tour with Abilio Bikes Shop & Rentals and in 5 hours you will appreciate the best part of this Algarve.
1. Cross the Roman bridge and enjoy the city center with its famous roofs of scissors. The history tells that were sailors, coming back from the East, invented these roofs in order to exhibit their fortunes, the result of the spice trade. Thus, these roofs provoke admiration and even envy to the city sights.
2. Visit the castle and enjoy the beautiful 23 churches that Tavira has to offer.
3. Leaving the Castle you can visit the Gallery Palace which houses unique exhibits and workshops for the family.
In the same area visit the old Tavira Tower which was an old water tank at the top of Santa Maria, built in June 1931 that was later abandoned. Today is the Camera Obscura where you can visit, family, old city visualization methods.
4. Before enter to the Ecovia´s nature go to the local market to see the daily life of the farmers and fisher mans that sell fresh fish, fruits, vegetables in a colorfoul place.
5. Nature´s time: cycle direction to Ria formosa Nature Park and visit Museum of tuna fishing.
6. Enjoy the natural landscape overlooking the Tavira´s Island. You will not regret.
7. On the way to Cabanas de Tavira enjoy the salt pans where you can appreciate the birdwatching, such as flamingos and other species.
8. Arriving to Cabanas de Tavira trough ecovia you will arrive in Cacela Velha.
9. Enjoy the Ria Formosa landscape and be delight with the simplicity of this village.
10. Time to cycle back and be ready for some surprises on the way to Tavira.
They also reccommend us: https://www.inspirock.com/portugal/tavira/abilio-bikes-shop-rentals-a3154379637?action=plan_form_dialog
Bike tours in Algarve, Abilio Bikes Shop & Rentals